Teens life's aren't easy (Opinion)

Being a teenager is hard. I know what you're thinking "she's just another teenager here to complain about how hard her life is, but wait until she goes into the real world!" Lets talk about that.

Don't worry, I am not here to complain at all. I mean, who doesn't complain occasionally? But no, that's not what this post is about- Like my blog this post is purely about my opinion on different things, although this post is specifically centered around why teenagers lives are more difficult than adults are aware of. Don't get me wrong, I am not putting all adults in the same corner, some understand. I am however talking about the ones who think people like me have got it easy.

Okay, so to all you people out there who think because I am 'only' in school my life isn't hard. You guys are wrong, and I am truly sorry when I tell you that you can't argue with me on that 'cause it's true. Soz.

Oh yeah, I also need to give you a tiny warning. I am not going to use 'formal language' all the time on this blog. It's my blog, my rules :)

Anyway, I am in 5th Year (Scotland) at High School. I am sitting 4 Highers and doing a College course this year and last year I gained 7 National 5's. Do you think this was/is easy? If you don't know the answer to that- No it wasn't easy. It isn't easy. This year has been the worst year of my life and I am not exaggerating. At the beginning of the year- Prelims, of which I didn't do well in. Then it was all study, study, study til May came round and it was exam time- which I actually did do well in because I studied harder and earned it. Studying in itself is stressful without the exams at the end of it all. Then Highers started- these are very difficult, require so much concentration, so much homework, studying, writing, learning, thinking, homework, homework, teachers telling you that you don't have time to do anything else and giving you things to do as if you don't have any other classes. But now? Now I am preparing for prelims again. Of course, my year hasn't purely been terrible because of school. A lot of other things have happened this year that I will perhaps go into in a different post.

So school, on top of hormones, puberty, and making/ maintaining friendships is easy? Don't even get me started of bitchy girls and asshole boys at our age- thinking they're better than everybody else and not caring about what they do to others and who they do it to. Having to deal with everything life throws at us is difficult while we are learning how to be.. well how to be us.

We are told on a daily basis that we are being prepped for the 'real world', but in what 'real world' is it normal to be stressed out to the point where we feel so lousy all of the time, where when we have an inch of free time we want to spend it in bed crying because we have so much stuff to do and so little time to do it in? In what 'real world' are people made to sit in a building for 7 hours working on whatever they're working on and then go home and continue to work/study?

Each day has 24 hours right? School takes us 7. so that leaves us with 17. We are told to Study for about 5 hours a night and that's not including homework. Taking us down to 12. Then we have to spend another hour doing homework. So 11. Then we have to eat throughout the day so Breakfast, and Dinner (since we get lunch at school), an hour. Leaving us with 10. We also have to shower/ bathe and do any skin care routines/whatever so another hour. 9. We also have to get ready in the morning. 8. Plus we are told we have to have some sort of relaxation/social life for an hour or 2. What about sleep? We have 6 hours left to sleep when teenagers need 8/9 to function properly. So either we fall behind on school/ social lives/sleep. Don't tell me that isn't stressful.

Plus we have the unfortunate things that happen in life sometimes. Things go wrong, stuff happens and we have to deal with that as much as adults. Deaths- no different for a teenager than an adult, still affects us the same depending on how well you knew the person.

We also have the extreme baggage that comes with being a teenager- Drama. Fall outs, relationships, friendships, family issues (for some) and many other things in between.

I am not saying adults don't have it rough sometimes too, but all I am saying is for Gods sake give us a break. We are growing up, stop putting us down and pretending our lives are a walk in the park.



Anyway, thank you for reading my first ever Blog Post!! I am sorry it was a bit negative but I thought I'd start with an opinion post which I feel strongly about to give you guys a feel for who I am.

I will be posting blog posts often and I intend to create a routine after the New Year. Follow by email to keep track of my posts :)

xoxo Rebecca

Comments

Popular Posts