What's Going On?

Welcome back, or if you're new here, then welcome!

My name is Becca, as you will know if you've been here before, thank you for clicking on my blog! I owe you all an explanation as to why I have been completely missing from my blog and twitter! I am also going to talk about the future of my blog and my ideas for the future!

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower" -Alexander Den Heijer


Explanation:

I guess I should start with why I haven't posted since May.. I honestly don't have a good reason up until the end of June, I just took a break I guess, from everything until my holidays. I went on holiday from the last week in June to the start of the second week in July. It was a little escape from the world and from school and work and everything. I spent some quality time with my family and completely relaxed. When I came back I jumped straight into full time work over the summer holidays, so I didn't have time to blog, because my days off were spent either with my friends or catching up on some Z's.

Towards the end of the summer, my sister went to Ireland and I went to her house to look after Amelia (cat), So I took the time off work and spent some time by myself, I really enjoyed temporarily living alone, well Steven stayed for the first few nights but afterwards it was just me, It gave me time to think and I thought a lot, I didn't make any big decisions, but I worked up to one.

I knew I was hating school, since January I had been seriously hating it, and before you say anything, I am completely aware that you're not supposed to like school. But there is a difference between not liking it and being completely miserable because of it. I had also just gotten my results and I didn't do very well, I cried at the thought of going back. I hadn't been myself for so long, I was spending all the time I could in my room being anti-social. I knew it, everybody around me knew there was something wrong with me, but never wanted to ask me what was making me be like that. I went back to school when the time came, my timetable got mucked about so much, it ended up being that I had to do 3 crash highers and another, which I hadn't done for 2 years. On top of that, there was only 1 which I actually wanted to do/ found interesting.

One night I went hope from school, after only being back for a week and a half and my mum sat me down and told me that she could see I was miserable and if I didn't want to be there anymore she, and my dad would fully support my decision to leave. We talked for ages, and honestly the only thing keeping me there was prom at the end of the year. So I left.

I left and I am picking up a few extra shifts at work so I am still doing something, until I figure out what I want to do with my life. I was never going to figure that out at school because I was so stressed out all the time and was just not happy. My mental health matters more to me.

Already I am so much happier, which my family and friends have noticed too. I feel so much better and I still get to go to prom!

My plan is to keep working at McDonald's and in January I will start looking at all of my options, either applying for college courses or modern apprenticeships or just full time work which could lead to a career. Then in June, I will be going on holiday, then in September my brother is getting married! This year so far hasn't been a good year, there has been good aspects but nothing really seems to have went right, although it feels like it might just start going right now. Last year wasn't a good year either, but next year, next year will be, I'm going to make sure it is :)

The Future of my Blog and My Ideas:

So my plan for my blog? At the moment, there isn't going to be a set day for my posts, but I'm aiming to have 1 post up every too weeks at a minimum, hopefully that number will increase to weekly but at the moment, to get myself into a little bit of a routine, I'm thinking every 2 weeks. I have a few ideas about what I want to post in the near future, and I'm not going to tell you all of them but I will give you a little insight into the future of my blog:

Idea Number 1:

A review section- I'm obviously not a professional reviewer or whatever but I'd like to start reviewing things like subscription boxes and books and other things too! So if you guys know anything good that you'd like me to review then send me and email or tweet/ DM me on twitter @beccaeffect !

Idea Number 2:

A project. I'm not going to let you know just yet what the project will be, but I know and I just want you guys to know that it's coming, and I'm hoping it will give me something to really get into and dedicate my time to. It's going to be awesome!

Idea Number 3: 

To actually start the 642 things to write about section which I told you all about months ago!

I'm not going to tell you anymore but I am so looking forward to get my blog properly up and running with frequent posts!

Thank you so much for reading this post and I hope to see you all back in the future :)
Feel free to email me at gillies.rebecca@yahoo.com

Becca xoxo


Comments

Popular Posts